Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why is Acer Aspire One Better than Toshiba NB550D?

Why is Acer Aspire One Better than Toshiba NB550D?


Acer Aspire One 522


Toshiba NB550D



As you may know I used to have a Toshiba NB550D netbook, (Read the review of the Toshiba NB550D here ) but it gave way to a Acer Aspire One 522.. Why? You may ask....

I have used the Acer Aspire One 522 for a few months now and here's a blog about my reasons:


The Toshiba NB550D is a good laptop. I have to admit that I like it and in fact I miss it alot. The speakers are fantastic! Missed it alot!!! In fact I was thinking of buying another one of it again... I heard that AMD has release new APUs and the NB550Ds have a new processor "C60" which are capable of "Turbo boost!".


Reason 1:


The only reason is that the Acer has a better screen resolution than the Toshiba:


1280 x 720 (Acer Aspire One 522) Vs 1280 x 600 (Toshiba NB550D)

Have you ever used a netbook but because the screen resolution is so poor that some of the buttons cannot be selected? I have not encountered such an issue with the Acer.



Reason 2:

The other reason might be the A/C adaptor, the Acer has something which is better for travelling...
Toshiba is top, Acer is bottom in the picture.




Hardware Upgrading

In terms of hardware upgrading, Toshiba seems to be easier to upgrade, but for the Acer as long as you know how to do it, it's very easy as well...

Just upgraded to 4GB ram! I may upgrade the O/S to Windows 7 64bit to  further utilise the ram...



In summary,
Both Toshiba NB550D and Acer Aspire One 522 are good.. but Acer wins because it has a better screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.