Sunday, April 10, 2011

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Toshiba NB550D Netbook

The Toshiba NB550D – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know page.


So, with all the recent discussion going on about the Toshiba NB550D being so rampant (and with questions being asked over and over again in forums all around the web), I’ve decided I’d take the liberty of just compiling a super-dome of information regarding the hottest topics.




Q: Where can I find a good hands on VIDEO REVIEW of the new Toshiba NB550D?
A: An excellent one can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqzSbWr2paQ

Q: What size is the webcam?
A: 0.3mp

Q: What’s the stock Windows Experience Index?
A: 2.8



Q: Does it handle HD Video well?
A: Short answer for practical users, Yes.
A: Long Answer:  Download the latest VLC player which natively support the AMD APU
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/


Q: Has anyone figured out a way to overclock the GPU or tweak CCC settings for better performance?
A: No.

Q: Can I throw a Solid State Drive in this computer?
A: Yes.

Q: Does installing an SSD void the warranty on the Toshiba NB550D netbook?
A: No.



Q: What is the maximum ram supported?
A: People reporting it's working on  DDR3 1066 4GB ram.


Q: What is the stock boot up time to desktop?
A: About 52 seconds


Please feel free to  ask more.

3 comments:

  1. 4gb ram in mine and working fine

    brought the sub score for RAM to 5.5

    and overall rating to 3.3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it didn't because the limiting factor is CPU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to stick a 1x8gb corsair value select ram 1333mhz into my nb550d, and it raised the score up to 5.1, interesting how that is lower than the other person's above statement of 5.5.

    However, my overall score is 3.3 due to the c-60 apu inside. But my crucial m4 128gb ssd made my SSD score go to a 7.7 :)

    I don't know if you need a full 8gb of ram, but I thought that since the apu uses system memory, might as well try it and see what happens. Plus, it only cost me $30 for that stick of 8gb.

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.