Thursday, March 31, 2011

Toshiba Satellite C655D mini review

Toshiba Satellite C655D 15.6-inch laptop mini review

CPU: AMD E240 Single Core APU


Recently I have the chance to touch the Toshiba Satellite C655D 15.6" laptop, here is my short review.

This laptop is very snappy with the new AMD E240 Single Core chip running @ 1.5Ghz with built in ATI graphics to the CPU die.

Overall impression of the laptop is good. This is a cheap laptop that cost about $400 Australian dollars.


Screen
The screen is pretty bright and is crisp and clear. Can't fault it.

Speed
Even though I have used this keyboard for a few minutes to write this review, I feel that overall the computer is very fast. It is not slow at all even though it is only clocked at 1.5Ghz. This is suitable speed for normal word procession, internet surfing.

Keyboard
The keyboard has your usual QWERTY keyboard and a numeric keypad as well. It has a nice feel. 

Speakers
The speakers are position on the top of the laptop, it's loud and clear. I like it.

Touchpad
The touchpad is very well defined, it's smooth and I have no issues using it.

DVD Drive
Because this is a laptop, it comes with a DVD drive which is very handly, however, the DVD tray when opened, look very flimsy and gives me the impression that it is going to break anytime!


Overall Construction
The casing is of a matt plastic, it is good because it's not a finger print magnet, however, when handling this computer, I feel that it might be very flimsy and gives me the impression that it is constructed of cheap plastics.

Would I buy it?
No.. even though it has good features as commented earlier, the CPU chip meant for a netbook size computer not a 15.6" giant like this. The plastic also put me off.

It's your call, if you want a cheap laptop with 15.6" screen this is for you. But I will prefer a netbook style computer instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.